Of course, my first Top Ten Tuesday would involve a really difficult topic!
Top ten favorite bookish memories, in no particular order:
1. Meeting Orson Scott Card and getting his autograph.
2. Seeing the midnight showing of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
3. My husband taking me to see Prisoner of Azkaban, which led me into loving the rest of the books and movies in the Harry Potter series.
4. Discovering that I love the fantasy genre after seeing The Lord of the Rings.
5. Discovering that I loved the Science Fiction genre after reading Ender’s Game.
6. Being required to read books such as The Lord of the Flies, Great Expectations, and Jane Eyre when I was young, and realizing how relatable even “old books” were. ( Could also be listed in : the discovery that I loved classics! )
7. Reading Stephen King’s graphic novel “N” and being awfully disturbed yet fascinated by it. ( I have many similar Stephen King memories! )
8. Being introduced to the Bible.
9. Leaving the library with over 20 books when I was young, and reading them all within a week. ( I don’t have time for that anymore! )
10. Realizing that all these factors led me into wanting to join the profession of becoming a librarian.