Romantic books aren’t really my thing, but sometimes there are couples that I just really enjoy. Even though I don’t read many stereotypical romantic books, I really love characters and relationships that I can relate to. If the romance is too mushy or unbelievable I am instantly turned off by a book. However, I love couples that develop out of friendships, last through hard times, and seem like relationships that could really stand up to the difficulties of life. I also enjoy silly couples that are kind of random and don’t make any sense.
Of course, some of my favorite couples are ones that don’t ever exist in the books, but I figure I can go on believing that they actually got together and live happily ever after in some make believe land. Maybe I should do that for another blog post! However, for this one, we will stick with ones that were actually in books.
1. Ron and Hermione- Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
2. Aragorn and Eowyn- Lord of the Rings Series by J.R.R. Tolkien
3. Geroro and Natsumi- Sgt. Frog by Mine Yoshizaki
4. Belle and The Beast in numerous adaptations
5. Suze and Jesse- The Mediator series by Meg Cabot
6. John and Savannah- Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
7. Bean and Petra- Ender’s Series by Orson Scott Card
8. Marianne and Colonel Brandon- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
9. Hazel Lancaster & Augustus Waters- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
10. Han Solo and Chewbacca…
Not Romeo and Juliet and Not Bella and Edward
*Stay tuned for tomorrows post which will probably be: All of the couples that I couldn’t think of yesterday.