Top Ten Series
I love books within a series. I would read more series, but to be honest I hesitate at times to start one, as when I get stuck in a series many times it is hard to get me out of it to read anything else. I also tend to lean towards reading a lot of Young Adult series, because they are just fun! I think reading a series really gives the reader time to connect to the characters, which for me, is crucial to really getting into a story. I am very character centric with my stories. You know you are reading an effective book series, when the author kills off one of your treasured characters, and you feel as though a good friend has died.
A lot of these have probably been mentioned in past posts, so sorry for repeating myself! Admittedly, a lot of my favorite book series have also been made into movies, so they are a bit cliche. However, I think sometimes having a face to go with the book kind of adds a life to a book, and makes it that much more meaningful to you. There may be a few of these that I have not completed, such as the Manga series, as they go on for ages.
1. Harry Potter by JK Rowling
2. The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
3. Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
4. Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis
5. Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba
6. Ender’s Saga by Orson Scott Card
7. The Green Mile Series by Stephen King
8. Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke
9. The Left Behind Series by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye
10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I think this week I should do a TBR post on series, as I have many series I would love to begin reading. Any suggestions on a book series that I may enjoy?